Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Unofficial Cruise Reunion

Well I just got back from a trip to Nashville, TN, which served a dual purpose. I got to see NKOTBSB perform in Nashville and I also had the opportunity to meet up with several of my friends from the Backstreet cruise. Thought I would share some pics and stories with you.

I arrived to Nashville the day before the show so I could see some of the city. I went to the Grand Ole Opry and even did the Honky-tonk bars. Nothing horribly exciting since I'm not really into country music, but i wanted to hit all the touristy stuff. My girlfriend and I also managed to eke out some time and get our nails done for the show. And while I was sitting comfortably in the pedicure chair I recognized a few of the girls across the room. Lo and behold there were my cruise neighbors! I couldn't believe it because we were both from out of town. The following morning I also ran into them again over breakfast. I don't think we could have planned it any better if we tried. Now if only I could randomly run into the Backstreet Boys that often!


My cruise neighbors- Beth and Melissa

After breakfast I met up with 2 of my friends from the cruise at the Wylee party. This was my first Wylee party and I had no idea what to expect. I had a great time! Not that many fans showed up, but probably because it wasn't near the venue and it was in the middle of the day. I assume most people living in Nashville actually had to be at work. The 3 hours flew by. Caught up with Chrissy and Tammy. Chatted with Leighanne a bit. Did some credit card damage buying Wylee gear. Contained my excitement when Brian showed up briefly. Met some fans. Overall a fun afternoon.

Myself, Leighanne, and Chrissy at the Wylee Party

Cruise Friends Reunited!

Had a great time at the concert. I dont want to post details about the show in case anyone doesn't want spoilers. But I also got to get a pic with AJ before Shape of My Heart.

I'm still on a high from meeting AJ again!

I also kind of got a picture with Howie. You may ask how I "kind of" got a picture. Well I was posing with him and had someone attempt to take the picture. However my camera started acting up and Howie had to go perform. The nerve of him! ;) As I've said before I never want to be one of those pushy fans who continues to insist that he stay there and take the picture until I got my camera working. So unfortunately I wasn't able to get a picture with Howie, but I still thanked him for his time. One of these days I'll get a picture with Howie!

1 comment: