Friday, July 8, 2011

CruiseBusters

This post is not in any way related to Ghostbusters, that would just be creepy. But rather MythBusters. Okay, you may think I’m a nerd for watching MythBusters. I blame my boyfriend for that. Anyway, if you’re not familiar with the show, they take common myths and test to see if they are true or not. So I’m doing the same thing Backstreet cruise style. I know I did a lot of speculating before the cruise, so here are a few myths that I thought I’d clear up based on last year’s cruise.


Myth: The Backstreet Boys would not show up to the deck parties. Or if they did, it would only be for a few minutes to make an appearance.
Denied- Not only did all BSB members attend the deck parties, but they were there for hours! I had this misconception before I cruised because I was comparing it to after parties. I don't think its fair to compare an after party to a deck party because they are really different. What surprised me most was that even Brian stayed for a long time. No offense to Brian, but he’s usually the Backstreet Boy first to bed and rarely seen at the clubs. Thus I was very pleasantly surprised to see him being the life of those deck parties.
Myth: BSB would not eat with us.
Denied- They ate at the buffet with us during the day AND in the main dining room at night. I truthfully thought they would have their own private reserved room with catered food, or they would eat room service in their cabin to avoid the craziness. Not the case at all. It was not uncommon to see a BSB grabbing a snack and sitting down at the lido restaurant. That said, I still have my doubts they will be eating dinner with us in the main dining room again.
Myth: You will not sleep.
Confirmed- I don’t think I went to bed before 5am on any given night. Plus I was super excited the few nights leading up to the cruise, so I couldn’t sleep then either. So if you don't want to miss anything, don't plan on getting much sleep.
Myth: I would suffer from post-BSB cruise depression.
Denied- You know the feeling you get after something you’ve been looking forward to for so long ends? I get that all the time after a BSB concert. But for some reason I didn’t experience that at all after the cruise. I had such great memories from the trip, that afterward I felt perfectly content. There was no way I could possibly leave sad or disappointed. Plus, I was busy swapping pictures with friends, sharing stories, and telling everyone I know about the great time I had. On top of it there were already rumors of BSB cruise 2011 in the works, which definitely put my mind at ease.
Myth: You will meet the Backstreet Boys
Plausible- Yes, there is the group photo where you will “meet” them. It’s incredibly rushed, but nonetheless you do get your few seconds with the guys. Aside from that, it is certainly possible you will meet the guys around the ship, but you should absolutely not expect it. Many fans did get the opportunity to meet them, but many did not. Thus you don’t want to set yourself up for disappointment.
Myth: The Backstreet Boys would sleep in the crew cabin away from the passengers.
Denied- They had cabins like the rest of us. Well not quite like the rest of us, they had the grand suites. But nonetheless, they were not hidden away with the crew.
Myth: You can buy a VIP pass similar to how its set up on tour?
Denied- You can’t buy any sort of VIP access during the cruise. Though their family/crew would occasionally hand out VIP bracelets to a few select girls. More on VIPs in a future post.
Do you have any other myths you’d like me to clear up for you? Feel free to post a comment below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment