Monday, September 19, 2011

Cruising with Brian

Last, but certainly not least, in my miniseries on cruising with the Backstreet Boys- Mr. Brian Littrell. He brought his amazing sense of humor and surprising inner party animal to the ship.


Gotta love Brian's Smile

Favorite Brian Moment #1:

Hands down my favorite Brian moment was the first lunch on board I was able to get a picture with him.  My mind was running a mile a minute that whole lunch because I was still in shock of finally being on the cruise. I felt like a little kid in Disney World. What do you do first? I wanted to catch up with my brother whom I hadn’t seen in months, meet all my friends that I had made online prior to the cruise, take in the fact that Howie and Brian were eating a few feet away from us, tell everyone I knew from back home that I was practically eating with the Backstreet Boys, and actually eat lunch because I was hungry. My brain was on overload lol.  Just when I didn’t think it could get any better, Brian decides to hold a mini photo session with his fans. It was just too much to take in but I loved every second of it.

Favorite Brian Moment #2:


In between events, I had ventured to the pool deck to get some fresh air and check out what was going on. The Carnival staff was hosting a game of bingo, so I decided to stick around as a few of my friends were playing. I would've played but 1- it cost money. And 2- seeing as how my brother often hosts bingo, I didn't think it would be a good idea for me to play in case I actually did win. Anyway, as the sky darkened and a few rain drops started to fall, I noticed a rather bright orange shirt on the deck above me, which was Brian. He was surrounded by his friends and family. This was definitely another time I did not feel appropriate to rush up to him and ask for a picture or hug or anything of that nature. I just found it really neat to see Brian on a vacation. Its definitely not something you see every day. I felt like what I was seeing was a picture you'd see in the tabloids.

Favorite Brian Moment #3:

Masquerade night was awesome. I’d argue that Brian made that night extra special for me. I didn’t meet him or get a picture with him or anything. I think what made this night crack into my top 3 Brian moments was that it was just very unexpected. He’s notorious for not showing up to after parties, so I really didn’t have high expectations for him at the deck parties. But he completely surprised me and turned out to be the life of the party. I really enjoyed seeing him in this different light. He was in the spotlight for most of the night, singing, dancing, and goofing around. He also had Leighanne with him, who also seemed to be enjoying herself that night. You can’t help but smile when you watch these two. The Brian highlight of the night was when he threw some beads into the audience and my brother grabbed them for me. I know its not that big of a deal to most of you folks, but I NEVER seem to have luck catching anything from them or being picked to go up on stage for whatever reason. So you may laugh at me, but I have those beads draped over a picture frame of me and Brian from the cruise.

Other Brian Highlights

Let’s not forget about any of these classic Brian moments as well:
  • Dance off with AJ during international night where neither of them can seem to remember the dance steps
  • Basically anything that came out of his mouth during the Q&A had me laughing hysterically
 Brian imitating Kevin. Just one of the many hilarious things he did during the Q&A

  • Brian doing the limbo.
 How low can he go?

  • During the Shes a Dream Dating Game, I liked when he snuck over to the girl's side and was feeding them answers.


    Even when its not his turn, you can't keep Brian off stage.

Favorite Brian Quotes
  • “What is your favorite position? Awww….It wasn’t me. G-d forgive me"
  • “I can never watch extreme home makeover without crying. It’s like being on Oprah. 
  • “We walk around with Nick all the time and we’re like say no to crack ”

What I’m looking forward to most from Brian on cruise 2011?

I'm very excited to see what he wears for the theme nights. After all, he has to outdo himself from last year. I also am looking forward to his sense of humor bringing all of the events alive. He especially surprised me during the deck parties, and I hope he brings the same level of excitement to the deck parties next year. I also seemed to have the most luck running into him around the ship. Not sure if it was just pure dumb luck or he was truly out more than the other Backstreet Boys. Whatever it was, I'm hopeful that will be the case for next year as well.


Brian looking good at the Beach Party

1 comment:

  1. i loved brian on the cruise!!!...i was not expecting him to be a awesome as he was at the after parties...he had the best costumes by far!!! they are going to be hard to top but if anyone can do it i know brian can!!! =)

    ReplyDelete