Saturday, November 19, 2011

Laura's Favorite Things

Any Oprah watchers out there should hopefully know what this is about. Instead of Oprah’s favorite things, I’m going to share a list of my favorite items as it relates to the Backstreet cruise. I should also preface by saying I unfortunately can’t give you, my faithful readers, these items like Oprah. I wish I could though.

CO Bigelow Lip Gloss- I’m a pretty low maintenance girl, but this is one makeup product I will actually use. It’s quick and easy to use on the go which is perfect for me when I’m on the move on the cruise. It also manages to be both a lip gloss and breath freshener in one.  Don’t know how they manage to do both, but somehow it works.


Wet/Dry Hair Straightener – I’ve found to really enjoy a hair straightener that works on both wet and dry hair. This works really well for the cruise because it saves me from also having to bring a hair dryer, and suitcase space is at a premium. It’s also a time saver and time is another thing that is at a premium on a BSB cruise.

Howie D Chapstick- I’d bring chapstick anyway, but how appropriate to wear Howie’s 100 chapstick.

BSB Tunes- This goes without saying, but my iPod full of all my fave BSB songs is a must! I never leave home without it.

Of course I don't actually bring the CD, but the MP3 version

Elastic Hair Ties- Cheap, versatile, and easy to use. But anything to keep the hair off my face on a windy deck will work
.
Band-Aids- Whether I get a cut or a blister from my new pair of shoes, I can’t seem to go a cruise without needing at least one Band-Aid.

Watch- For some reason there aren’t a lot of clocks on board, and since I’m not carrying my phone, it becomes even more important to wear a watch.

Crossword Puzzle Book- Yes, I admit I’m a word nerd. I like to do crosswords and sudokus by the pool. Please don’t tease me. Actually, if any of you play Words with Friends, feel free to challenge me: ChaosRoks128


Clutch- Perfect size for my camera, room key, and that’s about it. I don’t want a bag much bigger because it becomes burdensome.

Pair of Comfy/Fancy Flip Flops- Doesn’t matter what they look like, but I like packing as few shoes as I can. Bringing one pair of fancier flip flops gives me so much flexibility because I can wear them on the beach or when I’m dressed up for dinner.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10- My new camera that I plan on using to take all sorts of fabulous pictures of me, my friends, and the Backstreet Boys of course. I’m so excited to have a decent camera this year.


This is Us Hoody- I like to bring just one piece of versatile warm clothing that I can wear outside on the deck or inside in the lounge, otherwise I just can't afford the suitcase space. Okay, I may pack a light sweater, but I will primarily use my This is Us hoody to keep me warm.


So cruisers, what are some of YOUR favorite things that are must haves on the cruise?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite things to bring on the cruise are: a beautiful dress to wear at the diner and a summer dress to wear on the ship.

    ReplyDelete