Monday, March 5, 2012

I’m Too Old for This Stuff

I was looking back to the things my younger self would do for the Backstreet Boys. Don’t get me wrong, I still do them, but I think I’m getting too old for some of this stuff. Some cruise related, but most just good ole general BSB antics. Perhaps you all can assure me that these things are still okay... I hope.

I’m Too Old to…

  • Camp out for a general admission event. Especially when the temperature is below freezing and/or if it’s raining. Even just standing around for any more than two hours is quite absurd.
  • Split hotel rooms with ‘strangers’ just to save money for a BSB event. Lucky this has resulted in me making some awesome friends…but in NO other normal situation would I be willing share a hotel with people I’ve never met before. I mean, really? It still sounds crazy when I say it aloud.
  • Go to after parties on a work night. Unfortunately being an adult means I have responsibilities and I just can't be staying up until 3 if i have to go to work the next day.
  • Still secretly hope that you will one day be Mrs. Carter. Okay, I may have briefly had this delusion for a hot second when I was younger, but rest assured I no longer feel this way or would even want it.
  • Stay up until 6am for deck parties.
  • Go to McDonalds for a post-concert meal. The thought alone of eating that greasy food at midnight makes me feel gross. I used to look forward to that after a concert. Not anymore.
  • ‘Fight’ with other fans because they cut in front of you in line or something else silly. You put 4 Backstreet Boys in front of us and sometimes we seem to forget normal social behavior. We're all theoretically adults here and this behavior is just absurd if you really think about it.
  • Put up BSB posters in my room. Well, without frames anyway. Putting them in a frame helps me justify it and makes me feel more like an adult though :)
  • Take more pictures of the Backstreet Boys during the cruise than I have the entire last 3 years of all my friends and family combined. True story. One day if I have kids they'll be wondering why there are more pictures of the Backstreet Boys in my albums than of them.
  • Scream at the top of my lungs during a concert. You’d think after seeing them so many times in concert the urge to scream so loud would fade away, but it doesn’t.
  • Dress overly revealing to try and capture the attention of the Backstreet Boys. I think I'd be a little delusional if I still thought this might work.
  • Spend an absurd amount of my free time checking Backstreet websites or doing other Backstreet related things (including writing in this blog) If I could re-focus all that time on something more positive, I could be such a productive member of society. Or more realistically at least get some household chores done with that time.
  • Spend lots of money on BSB activities when I really should do the responsible thing and save that for a down payment on a house, invest in the stock market, or something else adults do.

PS- For any of you wondering, I did in fact get the inspiration for this post from on one of my favorite episodes of How I Met your Mother- Murtaugh. Challenge accepted, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I say go for all of these....you only live once and as much as we hate to admit it, they aren't going to be around forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that episode of How I Met Your Mother. :)

    ReplyDelete